Hi, I am a senior lecturer in economics at Queen's University Belfast.
My research studies how to allocate scarce resources fairly and efficiently, both theoretically and using data. Applications of my research include the design of algorithms to assign pupils to schools or to divide land among countries.
I have published in Games and Economic Behavior, the Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, Economics Letters and Mathematical Social Sciences. My research has been covered by The Economist, the Financial Times, the MIT Technology Review and Forbes, among others. I am (have been) on the program committee for the 2022 Matching in Practice Workshop and the 2023 Conference on Economics and Computation (EC'23).
I obtained my PhD from the University of Glasgow in 2017 under the supervision of Hervé Moulin.
1. Fair cake-cutting in practice, Games and Economic Behavior (2022).
with M. Kyropoulou and E. Segal-Halevi, extended abstract in EC.
2. Obvious manipulations in cake-cutting, Social Choice and Welfare (2022).
with E. Segal-Halevi.
3. On the integration of Shapley-Scarf housing markets, Journal of Mathematical Economics (2022).
with K. Manocha and R. Kumar, extended abstract in SAGT.
4. Efficiency and fairness in cake-cutting with single-peaked preferences, Economics Letters (2020).
with B. Bhardwaj and R. Kumar.
5. Multi-unit assignment under dichotomous preferences, Mathematical Social Sciences (2020).
6. The losses from integration in matching markets can be large, Economics Letters (2019).
7. Social integration in two-sided matching markets, Journal of Mathematical Economics (2018).
1. Improving efficiency and equality in school choice, with T. Klein
accepted @ the 2022 Match-UP workshop
invited for submission to GEB special issue
2. Social integration via online dating, with P. Hergovich.
3. What happens when separate and unequal school districts merge?, with R. Aue and T. Klein
Program Committee: Match-UP 2022, EC 2023.
Journals: Journal of Economic Theory, Management Science, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, International Journal of Game Theory, Economic Inquiry, Theory and Decision, Social Networks, Mathematical Social Sciences, Journal of Demographic Economics, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, Stochastic Systems, AMS Mathematical Reviews, Games.
Conferences: Match-UP 2021, 21st and 24th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation, 14th Conference on Web and Internet Economics, 3rd, 4th and 5th Games, Agents & Incentives Workshop.
Guest Editor: PLOS One.
Solo PI, ESRC Impact Acceleration (£24,400).
Co-PI, Leibniz Association grants:
Design and impact of admissions rules for schools (€330,000).
Improving school admissions for diversity (€340,000).
Solo PI, Seal of excellence for Marie Curie fellowship (€162,806).
Solo PI, British Academy small grant (£10,000).
North America Research Mobility Fund.
QUB Faculty Research Initiatives Fund.
EssexLab Seedcorn Fund Grant.
Glasgow - Columbia Principal's Early Career Mobility Fund
Early Career Mathematician Catherine Richards Prize (2016)
Queen’s Management School Research Innovation Prize.